Sunday, June 25, 2006

Road not Taken!

Remember that many years ago that I have is this Literature and Sastera thingy in our SPM language paper and the text of Road Not Taken.

Now thinking of the text resulted many doubts and questions start to arise in my mind. Well I did enjoyed my life for most of the time and I have experienced a lot of cool stuff like living abroad, traveling alone in India, working my way to the Queen's Guide Award, holding numerous leadership positions in High School and University and trying a lot of daring stuff which many of my age would not yet I have things, memories and experiences that I have missed to possessed them on my journey of life.

Growing up being the 4th out of 5th in my family has not been a shorting but growing up in the enviroment filled with noise pollution was at time scary. I used to live with my Grandparents and all my uncles and aunties. So I could not escaped my grandpa's nagging habit.

My grandpa used to nag us on apparalently all matters. From table manner to food from sleeping hour to wakey-wakey. Set rules like no bread or snack at 5 coz dinner time will be soon on, no sleeping till 9am even at holiday time course you are a girl....very strong gender discrimination element here, huh? Very typical China Man! Men are for work, women are for Kitchen! When grown, man will bring a woman back and carry his surname and for girl you will be like a pail of water being splash out. It can never return back into the pail. That is the Chinese saying and this idioms came right from this phenomenan.

But Thank God for treating me well. I have a gifted Parents. They are very supportive and Caring. With their love and warmth, I grew up with all that I can ask for. Perhaps this mix enviroment, I grew up being more mature that those of my age and being one with lots of determination and to believe in myself.

In this enviroment, I am groomed to be very independent. Never day dream of inheriting any monetary item from my so called millionaire grandpa nor my father. I worked and strived for my dream, determine my own future and create my own story of life.

Back bout the road not taken, I have done a lot which is different from others. I worked for years for my Queen's Guide Award alone, without the company of any classmates or even schoolmates but then there are pro-and-cons of this. I was busy with my log books and camps and spent little time with my friends. I missed out parties and gossip time with them. I did not shared the same interest in our leisure chat. I talked less bout dressing, make-up and of course boys.

But at the end of my high school time, I have a wider network of friends, more independent and have learn the skill needed to enable me to click with every grouping that we have in my class. I have no specific group but I was pleased to have invitations from every group. I blended moderately but blended with every group makes it so special.

Traveling for guiding is another interesting chapter in my personal log. Traveling across the strait to the Penang Island almost once a week was very tiring and boring and packed myself in those sardin like bus mini was exhausting. And the worst encoutered I had was running across the highway of 3 lanes on each direction in the middle of the night. With all those eyes looking in my direction puzzled to see a teenage girl running accross the highway alone more over in the middle of the night. But these are what we call experiences and all the learning process. Now I am a good traveller.

.....to be continued

No comments: