Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A Leap Forward

After years of studies, finally I am in the next phase of my life. There isn't much changes to my lifestyle except my sleeping hours. I have slept for 4 hours plus daily for the past week and am still adjusting now.

Started my first week in Intel with mixed emotions. There were many surprises and shocking moments.

1st day in Intel started as early as 8.00am. Was told to report in at 7.45pm but was a little late due to the massive and unavoidable jammed on the bridge. It took me slightly more that an hour to travel from BM to Penang.

The first 3 days were very boring with Into Intel Program (IIP). My friends and colleagues attended the Intel University course for 3 full days but I got away for a few slots for I have attended them during my internship...such a relief!

Of all the courses offered, the subject that got most of our attention was the Medical and Benefits slot. The speaker was thrown with lots of questions and clarifications to be made. I could only concluded that Intel offers the best and the most competitive benefits for its' employees. However for those who have a choice to choose between GT in Intel and permanent in other MNC, I would advise that you to think twice. GT does not have the full benefit like a permanent.

So am kind of late on the first day....

2nd day...worse...
got the most known and unwanted parking violation sticker on my car. This was issued to all Intellers' cars who have violated the traffic and parking rules in Intel. Am not sure about others claim that the sticker is hard to be removed. It was pretty easy for me...maybe it was because I got it moments before I finished work and it was not left under the hot sun for too long.

the traffic violation sticker

This is not all for 2nd day. My dad's car broke down few hundreds meter from my house. So near yet so far...sigh

3rd day was worst!
With the petrol price hike from RM1.92/liter to RM2.70/liter. This is approximately 40% hike. This is yet another project by our 'beloved' ruling goverment BN's 'Another Project Untuk RAKYAT!'

4th day was pretty good!
Finally I received my laptop. So now I have 1 laptop and 1 workstation for me to work on. I love my laptop.It is a brand new unit of HP 6910...but sadly it is for me to keep but it is not mine. It is only my liability now.

my workstation and laptop
my cubicle

5th day was boring.
So many reading materials. I need them to get myself familiarize with my group and my workload.

So this is my 1st week in Intel...am looking forward for more next week after I meet both my people manager and project manager.

2nd home...my cubicle in Intel...pg12

1 comment:

Alyssa Ng said...

wow.. u get to work with 3 screens! my friend would be so jealous if he knows this.

anyway, good luck in your new job! and congratulations too!!! :)