Sunday, August 16, 2009

Bukit Mertajam : Chin Kang Hu Restaurant

Found another cheap eating place nearby Juru area. Chin Kang Hu Restaurant (真功夫美食館) is located at Taman Bayu Mutiara, the taman on your left from PLUS Juru exit heading South. They are a row away from the Lin Restaurant (7- village Noodle House). They have started operation in early July but only have their official opening on the 29th July.

The exterior was attractive with the red and white coulor theme...nicely lid and with lots of parking spaces available. I bet you will surely be able to identify this shop with a huge cartoonized Bruce Lee as their icon.

The interior was comfortable too. Wide space, 2 shop lots made into 1 huge dining place...simple white tables and chairs with some features wall...I am a big kid myself...love the Bruce Lee cartoon in his iconic yellow suit...and with its high roof, it is less sophisticated despite the crowd.

Food variety...was rather poor...varieties of steam rice. For non rice, only few types of noodle available.

As both my sister and I were not a fan of rice, we chose to go for their signature Hokkien mee and Kuey Teow soup but ended up in disappointment. The hokkien mee has only average hawker standard. The Kuey Teow soup was good...better than average hawker but slightly behind the 7 village.

The variety of side dishes was poor. Their signature lobak was no longer available, so we went ahead with their fried fish ball and fried spring roll. We were disappointed with these both...both portions were extreme small. The spring roll was hard but not crunchy. It tasted nothing more than the oily chunk.

After this visit I wasn't sure when will be our next visit. We will probably give it another try on their nutrition steam rice or perhaps when we were running late and unable to catch the Lin Restaurant on time....and when I am poor...their dishes are cheap

2 comments:

Kaexi said...

I.m so angry, my bruce lee character design was illegal used by this restaurant...I really disappointed why the designer can simply used other's ppl design and applied into his design...I really want to know who is the designer for the restaurant!

szewan62 said...

so sorry to hear about that...never thought such a thing will happen...I despise them and will not visit again