Sunday, February 27, 2011

Why do I do my postgraduate study?

I can not deny that I am materialistic. I do hope that the master degree can earn me bigger paycheck and better career prospect. This is very obvious for my case and could easily be figured out by my family members and close friends. For those that understand me less, they will most probably be guessing that SW is probably a nerd.

They asked "why not MBA or other management course? Why master in Engineering instead?" since they heard me complaining about my job and my occasional remark that engineering is not my profession of choice to grow old with. Here is my respond, "there were too much MBA grads out there. I just want to be different and wants to do something harder. Besides, this route opens another path to the academic world."

So with these in mind, I pushes myself hard to balance between work, study and leisure as well as other side track activities in GGA. I learn by heart and try my best. Even I am to fail at some point, it is still my effort that counts. I am here to learn, not to zerox other people's effort.

No comments: