Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Photobook review

I always prefer my photos in hardcopy as compared to softcopy. They just give me the thought of being physically attached with the past. The past is what made me today. I treasure them dearly. So I used to develop on average of 40 to 100 photos for a 7 days trip. With this limit, I could only develop selective ones and especially those with me in them.

Now, I no longer  have to refrained myself from printing 100 photos. No worry about printing those with plain grass, flowers and everything I see. I frame everything I see thru my lenses, then I can actually get them printed. Printing cost and quality has improved drastically over the years. Photobook printing is not new any more. Ever since my 1st photobook backed in year 2010 (thanks to those great voucher deals!), I have printed a few for myself and my family members.
Best now when Photobook worldwide group actually give free 6'x6' photobooks occasionally. I can easily crunch some photos and made a book for some short events. I am more than willing to pay for those larger ones at discounted price for those rare events.
Back on the review, I have tried different printers in the past, including Photobook Malaysia, Photobookmart and another which I could not recall its name. The service that Photobook Malaysia is of the top notch. Not only they provide free photobook, the printing and finishing quality is good. Packaging is excellent. You can rest assure that you will get your photobook within 7 days and nicely packed in layers of strapped hard board box on the outer layer and inside is your photobook wrapped in plastic.
They also provide free application for its' user and it comes with many free templates (mostly for larger size ones). The application is easy to used however there are still space for improvement. The auto populate or auto flow is not helpful. It only filled photos into photo placeholder. So to use it make sure you have the intended layout fixed up first.
I have difficulty getting the provided layout template and background on certain project. I think what ever I could get was what they have offered at the time my project was created. As I used to make my own project templates and copy over them in multiple project, I ended up with old preloaded template and background.
...to be continued

No comments: