Tuesday, January 10, 2017

RE:Hack - Smart Living 24 hour Hackathon

Honestly speaking, I know there's a lot, we developers and engineers can do but I have never imagined myself putting up a somewhat complete solutions in less than 24 hours.

Last December, I joined the RE:Hack - Smart Living 24 hour Hackathon, an event organized by TM with my 2 other colleagues. All these years in the industry, I was apathy towards development beyond my job roles or anything that brings no ROI to the company I worked for but since hackathon is widely talked about in M2, I went ahead and joined the crowd.


In the past, I kept giving excuse to myself saying that I have done enough coding during office hour and should not spend any more on my free time devoting to coding but through this event I learnt that I was wrong. Occasional hack is fun. I can write code and not have to worry too much about adhering to specific coding standard, code readability, redundancy and performance as they are intended to be a quick solution or prototype to begin with. It gave so much sense of accomplishments in such a short time. It just felt so good.

No doubt, it was taxing physically to join such an event but it is definitely worth it once in a blue moon. Through this event, I managed to put C# to use for the 1st time after more than a decade in C and C++ side of the world. It was satisfying when we even brought home the 2nd prize and being promised a project by TM.

I can't wait to learn about the project.
Me, Arman and Arif...our blur looked after 24 hours brain juice draining work

No comments: