Saturday, September 13, 2008

Mid Autumn Festival 2008

Have been procrastinating this for a very very long time n finally it is up.

My mum and I have made few types of mooncakes.

These were the original ones. Most were made by my mum except for the fishy and piggy....coz by the time I was back from work, my mum was half way through....

My mum in action...molding the 'gong zai pheng'

knock knock...knock out the fish

here is the fishy...

i made half of these

wanted to try out new design...piggy...

looks and tastes good...have all flavours here...lotus paste, red bean paste, choco paste, coffee paste, white paste, red dates paste and best of all, durian paste

And this is the Shang Hai mooncake pastry. It seem to be simple to make but trust me, it wasn't that easy after all as it was time challenging. The longer you take, the harder it is to wrap them.
Shang Hai pastry making...roll the pastry dough and pressed it down in the middle forming a bowl like shape

filled it with filling...shang hai is best with lotus paste

Coat it with egg yolk and top with pumpkin seeds

I made all of these....yummy

And finally, my favourite 'Ping Pie'....yummy choco filling and red bean paste filling....
filled the dough with red bean paste

wrapped it up

filled into the mold

1 knock on the left, 1 on right, 1 on the top, 1 on the bottom and turn it around facing down and give it a little knock

and there you are...my final product

yummy yummy....

So if you want them, do come to my house next year... :P

No comments: