Thursday, October 30, 2008

Another great food trip to Malacca

I was in Malacca with my parents on the weekend prior to my convocation. The intention that we have for the trip was only for food...picking up my bro and my computer was just an excuse...

visited Bukit Cina while waiting for our stamach to do their job...my parents and my bro and gf
lazy even to move for photo...

Arrived there on Saturday night and left on Sunday evening.

Our first meal in Malacca was in Pantai Puteri...20 min drive from Malacca town. We ate the famous Roti John and ayam golek...as I was super hungry, I have totally forgoten bout taking a shot of the 1 foot long roti John...delicious, yummy superb, value for money....
yes...it's called Barkat Roti John...my 2nd visit here...

air liuh meleleh now...my roti john at Barkat

RM3.50....enough for 2 adults....crispy egg and sardine...great combination!

For breakfast, we tried locals Bak Kut Teh...well disappointing one...so my advice is one should go to Klang for Bak Kut Teh...even Bak Kut Teh in BM was 10x better....

For lunch...the normal serving of Hainanese Chicken Rice...have tried both the famous chicken rice shop at Jonker area....I recommend the one right opposite of OCBC bank....the one situated diagonally which has better renovation taste okay only... :-)

And for tea break....we have Japanese Layer Chee Cake at Nadeje Pattisserie, situated at Plaza Mahkota....I could not find any word from my poor vocab listing to describe the texture....it's really very very delicious....it has that strong cheesy aroma with a very special texture combination...creamy yet not too soft. And it was with a just nice sweetness level. We tried 3 flavors of those cakes and the best was the cheese. If you prefer the eggy taste, then the original may be the best then.....anyway...all were superb...

reasonable price....a coffee shot for the day

original Jap layer cheese cake...wonder if my Jap friends have taken this before

berry berry strawberry layer cheesecake

cheese flavour of Japanese Layer Cheese Cake...what a name?

On top of those....we went shopping for food stuff as souvenir for my uncles and aunties...palm sugar from Tan Kim Hock and biscuits and cakes from Yong Sheng Confectionery...their wife cake series were good especially the lotus paste with mochi....

Yong Sheng at Kota Melaka

my favourite wife cake with lotus paste and mochi filling

2 comments:

K said...

Walao.. the roti john place so far from town also let you find it... one word describe "GANG"... i also long time never been there already =P

szewan62 said...

aiya...i have been there once ma...just remember that it's by the seaside...so google lo...it gives me the add n direction one...