Wednesday, November 5, 2008

1st Teambuilding with VTS-M

This was my first teambuilding with my department as well as my first in Intel. I have missed them last year during my internship.

This time it has been more meaningful for me as I was part of the organizing committee. Lots of preparation has been done for this event. Many unforeseen problems occurred and changed our program 180° straight, from the initial plan of outing to Pulau Jerejak to Treasure Hunt in the Heritage City of Georgetown to this Paintball aka War Game. Lots of meeting and brainstorming session.

Warning! Mask On at all time within the war compound

Anyway, it was really fun. Fun with all the shooting, sharing and winning moments minus the pain and bruises.
this is why we warned for mask on at all time...

The game was run by Promedia Paintball and our war ground was situated at Level 5, Multistory Car Park, PISA, Bukit Jambul. There were 6 groups, Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Echo and Foxtrot. I was in Delta team. The game was run in round robin style where each of the group would play for 3 games and the best 2 would play for the championship. The highest scoring team was Echo while Foxtrot and my team Delta tied with 19 points….however the play went to Foxtrot for having better play time compared to my group…hmm sad...missed another chance to play

Delta warrior...San San, SB, SH, David, Hong and me

hmmm....3rd place only

We began our game after briefing at about 2.30pm. My first game against Alpha was super embarrassing. I was kicked out the field even before I could fire my first shot…It was a random shots from the land across…they were tens of meters away...

Delta warriors masked on

Then my second game, I scored fairly well. I managed to kill 2 opponents and survived till the end while in the 3rd game, I killed 1 opponent and be the last survivor on the ground….yes!

All in the war ground...getting ready for the game
Foong in action

Really enjoyed the game and happy to work with my group…we tried 3 different war ploy in our 3 games….very creative and tacticful

So the winning team was Echo, 2nd place went to Foxtrot and 3rd place went to Delta…

Am looking forward to our next TB event…it would be annual Lunch for this quarter and treasure hunt in next quarter.

VTS-M rocks!

No comments: