Sunday, January 4, 2009

HK & Macau Day I - A night to remember

After long waiting and hassle that we: Siew Hoon, Jessie, Lay Fang and me have got due to cancellation of our accommodation, our dream vacation plan came true.
Back(L-R) : Jessie, Siew Hoon
Front (L-R) : Lay Fang, me

We finally flew off from Penang International Airport on Air Asia's AK6315 flight. We departed and arrived on time at LCCT. Upon arriving at LCCT, we quickly grabbed our luggage and hopped on the badly maintained Airport transit couch to KLIA Main Terminal. It was really ashamed for we have such a poor bus at our front line greeting our guests and tourists.
syok sendiri at KLIA

As we have ample of time after checking in our luggage, we went round KLIA for photographing time...trying to prove my skill with those artistic shots....haha....
:-( ...my photo not that artistic aft all...cant hold the camera for myself

Then McD time before we flew off. There was no crowd at KLIA. It seemed so deadly...LCCT was much more happening compared to KLIA Main Terminal. Custome clearing was very fast and we arrived at our departure gate C26 much more earlier that we thought it would be....I even have some time to blog....haha.

On our flight to HK, MH74 ...I have a great time resting and watching The Mummy: Tomb Of The Dragon Emperor, starring by Brandon Fraser, Michelle Yeoh and Jet Li. With the white wine taking effect, the movie seem good and exciting. And I really appreciate the comfortable seat on MAS...3 and a half hour on that seat was great.

We arrived at Chek Lap Kok International Airport Hong Kong at 10.15pm...15 minutes earlier than our scheduled arrival. Anyway with the long Q at the airport custome clearance, we only managed to get to the arrival hall at 11pm. I found Chek Lap Kok airport much more better that KLIA as it was well lid and more crowded. More crafts here...the schedule has long list of arriving and departing planes. Really one of the busiest airport.
this was only partial of the departing list...see how many plane leaving between 8 to 9 am
still there are people checking at 11.43pm
airport worker busy at work...transporting luggage into plane
Then we strolled around and took some nice photographs of the airport while huntung for best sleeping spot....yes, we put up a night in the Chek Lap Kok International Airport. The weather was very cold and windy. I could only managed few minutes of sleep from time to time even with the eye shead on....:-( Siew Hoon, Jessie and Lay Fang had a sleepless night. While for me this was not such a bad experience for it wasn't my first night ever in an airport. My previous night in Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport in Bombay India was worse...solo traveller and first time abroad and first time travelling to South Asia...scary!
nice deco at Chek Lap Kok International Airport

Anyway as a whole this was still a great and smooth day...all our flights were on time and Chek Lap Kok Airport condition was much better than expected minus the cold breeze. And bravo to this airport...nicely lid and super clean! You can easily find anti-bacterial hand sanitizer everywhere.
clean our hands to avoid H5N1
self portrait in the clean toilet
outside of the terminal 1

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I heard ur old lumix rosak liao rite?
wat brand u use now?
-yy

szewan62 said...

nola my old lumix still functioning well...my bro brought it to Singapore...

just dat the initial battery is in poor state...so i got it 2 more batteries...so now confirm can last us at least 1 whole day or more

for my HK trip, i brought my big bro's new gadget...Canon G10...a very good semi pro camera...

I will post up more photo on my blog so catch them later