Thursday, April 2, 2009

April Fools

I could not imagine much of April Fool in office as we have minimal verbal interactions else than the routine meetings and that short hour break for lunch. We hardly talk even though we just sat next to eat other.

Anyway my 1st April Fool in office was of less expected. Still got fooled even without speech. Fooled using e-medium. First was an email with doc attached. The email as below :

GOOD NEWS!!!!!! Are you in the PRIVATE COMPANY?
Finance minister has approved a Bill which comes into effect on 01.04.2009 and it states that all Privately Held companies need to give aminimum salary increment of 15% to all employees every year.This comes as a relief to petitioners appealing against the growing work hours in the Privately Held organizations and which do not have a proper system to check overtime.The
bill also mentions that all employees be provided 30 days of casual leave every year.Please see the attached document for the list of companies which will be brought under the umbrella of the Bill in the first round of implementation.And if the name of your company features in the list, kindly circulate this mail among your colleague.
To find out what I saw in the attachment, click this.

Then came the 2nd foolish moment. Another email or rather e-voucher from col. RM30++ for all you can eat in Tao Restaurant. Surely I was so tempted to dine in there at this price. But as I continued reading those extra small wordings under the terms and conditions, hell...to discover this was another scam. But I still didn't want to admit that I have been fooled, so I ping my col and asked if this was true or just another Apr fool but soon discover that she wasn't aware too. So smartly I called Tao...pretending to inquire the price before proceeding with any booking. @#$%@# to who ever that spend time in creating this stupid voucher.

The 3rd was from my project lead. I knew he was very humorous and funny but have never thought he would send a ppt to all of us in his team as well as our customer and fooled us. We were told that our product was expecting a new GUI and it was documented in the ppt. So without any question, I opened the ppt. Yes there was indeed a new interface, he purposely created a new interface to fool us and ended his slide with 'HAPPY APRIL FOOL'. ...was really happy to be fooled:P

No comments: