Sunday, April 12, 2009

Great start!

Went hiking at Penang Hill today with my parents and sister. We hiked up and down via the tarred road.

Trying to benchmark our fitness level by capturing our time up and unbelievable that we managed to hike up to the top within 1 and a half hours. From the starting point to 46, 24 minutes. 46 --> 84, another 25 minutes. 84 to top, another 30minutes.

Really has to train hard to push this further. My target would be 1 hour 15 minutes by end of this year. Do not take 15 minutes easily, it is extremely difficult! (>.<) So with this target set, I have got to workout more often and for longer duration...on top of my Tues and Thurs gym session of 1 and a half hour, I have got to have more sweaty weekends...so if anyone has any plan for any sports, do let me know.
*No photos during hiking this round as we were in hurry...all taken at the top on my FX7.Sri Aruloli Thirumurugan sitting on top of Penang Hill...approximately 800m above sea level
the pillar with goddess icon
resting on the cooling cannon...shinny face, sweat a lot...:-(
how good if I can stay over a night
Icon of Penang, Penang Bridge from another icon of Penang, Penang Hill
great panaroma shot...see the curving upwards electric cable...was suppose to be hanging and tangling downwards...

Missed out photo of my parents...

Oh yes...bumped into Lions Club...they were having "Climb Penang Hill for the Environment, 2009". Wanted to join ealier but it was already after the closing date when I learn about it. Anyway I was given a certificate of participation too.

1 comment:

~DRagonMoN~ said...

1 hour 15 mins...... I wish I can have such good stamina also...