Sunday, October 4, 2009

Interesting weekend

This post was created on 2nd Sept. I was too busy to sort out my photos till now...been through really tiring weeks.

It was the Merdeka weekend. I was supposed to catch up with my friends since many were back in hometown during this holiday. But after changing this to cater to that and that to this, finally my weekend plan was without any friend. I was with my family at all time.

Sat - movie at home...Fast n Furious, new hair cut, shopping at Jusco...bought some ingredients to cook on Sunday evening.

Sun - yam rice at Kedai Kopi Mutiara for brunch. We were regular to this stall since I was young. I love the 咸菜汤...sour, very refreshing and appetizing. With the yam rice and the thick soya sauce sambal, it was a perfect combination. My dad couldn't help it to ask for another bowl of rice. The 'kuih' stall was another highlight of the kopitiam. My mum bought some karipaps and tapioca cakes(木薯糕). Even we were already full, we could not resist the tempting hot kuih...yummy!


Then it was shopping spree at Sunway Carnival Mall. My parents bought 2 pairs of shoes and exercise wear while I got an air tight good quality and very expensive container for my camera and my contact lens...really broke :S

So for dinner, I ate my mum's fried rice. It was really satisfying to have mum's cooking. And my contribution for that meal was New Zealand Ice Cream. Got 30% off today....hooray!

Monday - All of us woke up very early. We left home at 6.40am to pick my sister from hospital after her whole night up onduty. Then we went straight into downtown, Lebuh Cintra...喝早茶 at 大東酒樓 (Tai Thong Restaurant). This was one of my favourite dim sum shop in Penang. At times, I would prefer this better than Ming Court and Fusan.


After that, I accompanied my mum to the Campbell Street Market. She bought some fresh chicken thighs and bones for lunch. While she was busy doing her grocery, I went round for some shots.


Before we headed back to BM, we went to the Cick N Snap. Finally I bought my new Canon EF 50mm II lens with Hoya filter and a hood...RM370 gone...hmmmm....

Back at home I was busy in kitchen with my mum. She was preparing the grill chicken and potato while I was cooking mushroom soup and garlic bread. It was a perfect meal. Everyone love my mushroom soup. It definely worth the effort and money making your own mushroom soup.

my mum's grill chicken and my mushroom soup & garlic bread

Then in the evening, it was family time...drama time...one episod after another.

No comments: