Tuesday, December 1, 2009

IIP : White Cane Day and Mangrove Planting

These were the 2 recent Intel Involved Program that I joined. I was really into the programs, so they were no photos out of my lovely EOS.

White Cane Day...it was on last October 10th, 2009. There were approximately 200 participants, each volunteer was paired up with 1 visual impaired participant from St. Nicholas. I was enjoying my time talking to him through out our journey.
photographed by Shiu Inn
great to learn from him...he was so optimistic and brave. We were both same age. He was normal until few years back.
Mangrove Tree Planting...it was on 7th November at the Sg. Sembilang, Juru. We were there to plant hundreds of trees. It was under the hot sun at close to 10.30am. I almost fainted at the site after planting teens of trees. Really exhausting to pull myself out of the mud...aiks...I got myself dirty and scratches on over my feet and hands.....Anyway it was an enjoyable and valuable project.
half my pants were in mud...this is how I was after 1 round of washing

No comments: