Saturday, June 20, 2015

Nothing better than self managed blog

I have stopped adding entries here on my travel experience for years. Few years back I stumbled into www.backpackmojo.com and find it cool since they promise to provide a hard-copy free to the its author. So then I decided to document my travel experience there.
When I wrote my first travel guide covering Laos, I was disappointed with all the restriction they have imposed in place like number of characters in each fields, currency quote, photo orientation and lousy Bing as the map provider.



Anyway I continued just because I was really anticipating my first hard-copy books. Finally when I published the book, I didn't get the book. They seem to have a T&C which says hard-copy books would only provided when it is more than 40 pages. In normal circumstances, 40 pages doesn't seem hard but with all the restriction in place, it was real tough. I have no choice but to settle with an unsatisfying soft-copy.

Then on my next travel, I gave it a try again. I did some rough entry to check if I would be able to fulfill the requirement and sad to see that it was much closer to the limit but still unable to reach that. So with all the disappointment, I just dropped the idea of publishing a guide book on Japan.

I have not written any travel articles for years. I am committed to write one and publish here.


No comments: