Sunday, August 31, 2008

3 months Check point

My career - eye opening in Intel and in VTS PDE Solutions specifically. Impressive to see how we are organized. We work cross-site, meetings at odd hours and yet we can still be so organized and productive.

My workload - lots lots of work to be done. Feel like I have joined for years.

My learning - I have learned a lot in these 3 months. I have learned more about vector usage in C++. Picked up C#, VB, Perl and Nmake. And the most impressive ones are the usage of Yacc, Lex, and Bison in our development.

My stress-level - high... timeline to meet...a release every 4 weeks...so just imagine how my life is now.

My finance - poor and dry...I used to dream of being able to save some in my first year for my dream car but till now it seem to be more difficult that I have thought.

My daily routine - boring and lots of OT but no additional pay for that hard work.

My room - really messy. Rather dilly dally than cleaning my room.

My appearance - permed and coloured my hair. Though it is not very much like what I have expected it to be, I am still happy for this change.

My family - my dad was admitted for almost 2 weeks. Have been discharged but still coughing days and nights. He is haunted by his asthma for half a century now.

My friends - less time for them...glad to be able to spend some time with Akino, Miki, Megumi, Yatsushi, Kensuke and my new friend Dier from Japan. They were here in Penang for their summer holiday. Managed to catch up with Sheila and Jamunesary after years apart and met Wai Lee too.

My movie time - Have not watched any movie at cinema in this late 1 month. The last one was 2 months back.

My coffee time - Could not recall when and where I have my last coffee...Starbucks or Coffee Bean? I missed them...but my pocket is running low.

My outings - I have visited Cameron Highland in June for a short vacation with my family members. Then after 24 years in Penang, finally I have witnessed the Dragon Boat Championship in Penang.

My holiday plan - I have confirmed my vacation plan for this year end. I will have my Christmas and New Year countdown in Hong Kong and Macau.

Last but not least ...
My future and thought - Promising future in my department and in Intel.

No comments: