Monday, November 10, 2008

Lessons from uni

After 4 years in UPM, I could only conclude that UPM was and is and will be super racist...I bet many would agree with me...my past experience and encounter with the university authorities for numerous clubs and societies best describe how unfair and injustice it was....and what politics were about....yes...I was saying 'politic'...how we were forced to act to their wish and how corrupted the e-system could be...well it may not be true as propagated by some students saying that the e-undi result was 'diubah-ubah dan diprogram' but it was surely manipulated by them...not sure if how many UPM students realized that clubs and societies leaders were in ways forced to attend those crappy camps which intended to brain wash us...these camps have been on for years and have always been classified as secret...and to the extend that, there were times that students were blindfolded on the journey....the venue had been kept secret...we were only told to be on standby...departure date and time announced only days before...

Besides having have to attend those camps, we were treated that if we were found engaged in any ways with those pro-mahasiswa activities, then our clubs' activities approval would be jeopardized....and due to the passion we had towards our own societies, we have to keep away from those pro-mahasiswa movements...due to my position here, I have to refrained myself from voicing my thoughts to the public and including my friends especially those that worked so hard and placed their future in big risk just to fight for our rights. I supported them and gave my moral supports to all our 'heroes'.

I bet many could still recalled back on the gangterism act issue among the MPP in UPM...it was really a 'berita gempar' to all Malaysians...my parents called asking if the situation was under control and asked me to take a week or 2 off if the university compound was unsafe...

The most unbelievable thing in this case was my course mate, Simon Ooi who was actually being victimized in this incident was charged with 7 sentences where else the barbarians were running wild freely with warnings...no hearing and no tribunals formed...And for poor Simon, he was charged in the tribunal but was not allowed to have his lawyers to represent him...so was this fair? AUKU sucked!

Luckily, thanks to the media power, his case was postponed indefinitely...guessed the university authorities could not figured out ways to shut their mouths so they chose to keep silent and let the time past....So congratulation to Simon for he has finally managed to work out of his hell in his mortar and red robe!

Finally my advice to the younger ones are do not choose UPM if all that you wanted from your university years is freedom...local public universities are not the right choice for you! But however if you want to try out my challenging experiences and brushes up your 变脸神功(meet people speak people language, meet ghost speak ghostly language)...then UPM welcomes you! Or in the case you are those apathy ones, then UPM may be fine for you!

Apart from the crappy administration, UPM was still fine for me... :P excluding the encounter with that Dr 羊咩咩...who actually said this...."Ini Melayu punya, ini Cina punya" while pointing to 2 stacks of examination sheets when I visited him in his office to remark my paper...don't worry for he has been fired....

*All these were true and based on my personal experience….I am free and not liable for any trouble caused by this article...so if you feel uneasy with those remarks, ignore them!...And just for the info of those unwelcomed personnel....I am no longer an undergraduate...so AUKU doesn't work on me...haha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bravo, Sze Wan on the post!!!
Tabik!