Monday, May 17, 2010

16 May: Surprisingly cold

I did a lot of research about California prior to my visit. However weather is just beyond my control...I only brought along a jacket, a shawl and 3 scarves. These were not enough to keep me warm.


We started our day quite late. Worse was we were stuck in the middle of the city due to the road closure for the Bay To Breakers and the Hertz Never Lost system was not helpful at all in this case. We were on the 49-Mile Scenic Drive. We took approximately 1 and a half hours to reach the Palace of Fine Art/Exploratorium.


I really felt in love with the magnificent Roman Greek architecture, Palace of Fine Art. Behind the palace was the Exploratorium. I was as excited as the children here. This place really explained why American kids were so smart. There were a lot of answers to answer to their curiosity. Parents educate their children unlike back at home, Malaysians teach their children and mostly in the copy exactly practice.


We also dropped by golden gate viewing point, Fort Point and the Presidio point. The weather was extreme for late spring. It was so cold at the Fort Point and the viewing point. The Pacific Ocean breeze was super chill.


We were cold and hungry. No decent place for us to fill our stomach. So the best we got were a cold pasta. Another round of meal at Burger King....really a huge burger :P


I was checked into room 313 at Hilton Garden Inn Folsom. This soom has the same setting as the one in SF. I enjoyed the soft bed.

No comments: