Sunday, November 21, 2010

Withdrawn Raya Advertisement

I was not aware of this advertisement until recent forwarded email with this clip attached and titled Iklan Raya TV3 yang ditarik balik. I didn't bother to read the content of the email and went straight to the video. When I first watched it, I was marveled. The advertisement was a breakthrough. It was fantasy like and different from all the previous ads.

I have to admit that the flying beca and the pak cik did reminded me of Santa and his sleigh. But I was not so sure what drove them to withdraw the advertisement. So I went back to the forwarded email and read the content.

It seemed like a group of pro-Islam was accusing that the ad contained non-Islamic element and demanded immediate removal. I did agree with them on the non-Islamic element but personally I thought it wasn't such a big deal. I bet no Malaysian who has access to TV service has not seen any of Santa scene or Siddharta Buddha...oups, I did not even detected the Buddhism and Hinduism lotus until being highlighted by this group of minority.

I think this advertisement is cool for it managed to demonstrate the true cultures of 1 Malaysia. True 1 Malaysia shall be a culture which represents part of past and future of each Malaysians regardless of the ancestry background. It's time for us to unite and we all know that unity begins with tolerance, acceptance and assimilation in you and me!

No comments: