Thursday, May 12, 2016

1 month in new Office

Decided to pen down this special day. How many more 1st month in new office can one have, right?

Few of the sweet treats from office...fat die me!!!
As expected many are puzzled with my move. After close to 8 years in the industry, I move down to Kuala Lumpur, out of Penang where I call home.


3D printing technology in which Materialise is in an interesting arena. I have never thought to be involved in any way. So I started googling it out after I heard from the headhunter and seriously I am impressed.

Honestly other than that, I don't have strong reason to move. Probably I was just afraid of staying stagnant. Work was rather comfortable and generally semiconductor
industry is calm. I always believe in the calm before the storm. So I rather prepare and equip myself with knowledge and skill and stay competent in the industry.

Now 1 month here in Materialise, I am happy with this move. I have to admit that I am not technically competent but I believe I will be there soon. Everything used and how things are done are completely different.

From embedded firmware to MFC application, google to Microsoft office environment, Git to TFS version control, Unix(command line heavy) to nice Visual Studio IDE development, CPPUtest to Microsoft UnitTesting Framework.

Anyway I would not know my lack being if not for this move. So technically it is challenging and rewarding at the same time.
My 1st 3D printed phone deco...small and sweet like a sugar cube
Btw, heard of Intel having mass layoff? Would it be this hard/easy to move to new company if I have never left Intel all this while? I doubt!

*Anyway this is my current thinking thought and I intend to capture this moment like those post reminding me of happy moments in Intel and Motorola Solutions.



No comments: