Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Street Photographing with Huawei P9

When I first discovered about this phone, I was reluctant to own one as my previous, Google Nexus 5 was only half the price tag and was working perfectly and in fact way better than many other. However after giving it a thorough comparison between the successor version, Nexus 6 and P9, I am in favour of the P9. Both are manufactured by Huawei and carries premium specifications with 1 or 2 items which I can criticize on.
Goodbye Google Nexus 5
Hello Huawei P9

P9 clearly stands out with its flagship Dual Leica Camera Technology. With Huawei P9 in hand, I got invitation to join in the Leica Camera X Huawei Workshop; Street Photographing with Nic Chung. So here are some shots taken during the workshop


Saya Anak Malaysia
I chose this session over 2 other sessions because I have always been very bad at street or crowd photographing. So my take away from this workshop is that street photographing emphasizes on using clear lines, patterns and shapes to frame the subject or people on the street. It is about having the patience to prepare your frame and wait for the correct moment for the subject to be where you intended it for. So here is some of the shots taken on that day.


I like this photo because it gives optical illusion that the ladies are standing on the same ground as the line on the large pillar










And we also have a little competition among the participants of the workshop to each submit 1 best shot taken during the workshop and 3 best photos will be rewarded. So this is mine...original photo...in my opinion this is not my best shots but this fits into the theme and takeaway from the workshop.

Lucky enough this photo got into the 3 best shot of the day and I received a new Huawei Band Z1 as a reward... :-)

No comments: