Monday, March 16, 2009

How much do I have to pay them?

How I wished to be able to spend loosely? This will never be possible for I have got into a stable but low income profession. Engineers are averagely very poor or at least I am sure I am poor!

Recently the Selangor state exco declared their income and assets. I was rather shocked to learn about the amount. An average exco members would receive salary and allowances from the state government of approximately RM17,000. Their income may go up as high as RM40,000 per month with few other positions such as the chairman of subsidiaries companies of the state government.

So if the opposition ruling state's exco can have this figure, what about the BN's ruling state and the central government servants? Really curious to learn how much money could the PM of a developing country like Malaysia could earn per month?

For exact figures of their earnings, please visit http://www.selangor.gov.my/main.php?Content=vertsections&SubVertSectionID=139&VertSectionID=3&CurLocation=3&IID=
And Elizabeth Wong's form is a must see there...look for the #3 and #4 of Borang Pengisytiharan Harta to learn how humorous our EXCO can be :P

No comments: