Sunday, August 22, 2010

10th July 2010: Royal Tombs of the Joseon Dynasty

This was my 9th day in Korea.

In the morning, we had a very satisfying breakfast prepared by 대모. Yummy cakes and buns...so much on the table :D. After the breakfast, we followed 대부 and 대모 to do some shopping at the local supermarket. The supermarket has all sorts of things and they were all so fresh. 대모 also showed me tips in buying Korean ginseng and Korean chopsticks set. Thanks 대모 for all those tips! My mother would surely love those ginseng and chopsticks.
In the afternoon, we learnt to cook Korean style vegetarian curry from 대모. There could be so many flavours of curry and I love them all. The Korean style was pretty much the same as the Japanese and Hong Kis style. So nice to cook, eat and wash up together.
After the meal, 대부 and 대모 arranged to bring us Royal Tombs of the Joseon Dynasty. I was so excited before our road trip. It felt like I was about to go for a family outing. I missed those days going out with my family members. 대부 and 대모 showed us around the world heritage site and told us about their legend. I enjoyed spending time with them and this ended my homestay experience in Korea.
Then we departed back to Seoul and checked in to Lexington Hotel. It was just a quick stop at hotel to drop our luggage. Then we went shopping at Namdaemun market again. I got a lot of souvenir there at a very good bargain but those guys were even better shopper than me :D

Later we walked to Myeongdong Market and met up with Soomin, Jisu and Cha Hee for another round of pizza as dinner. Another special treat for us again. This was the best pizza we got in Korea. I love their beef pizza. It has my favourite beef chucks and onions on it.

Later at night, we went to Hongdae with Jisu, Cha Hee, Song and Kim for supper. We ordered Shoju, 삼겹살 and another meat dish. They showed us how to make delicious fried rice on the pan. The oil and crust were excellent to make fried rice. The night was still young. We continued on our night walking along Hongdae area. We searched and searched for the ideal club for us but we finally changed to a bar instead. It was an ideal place for us all to chat. We were there until 3am and Park asked us to join him in the hotel.
Park bought us another round of drinks and we continued our night in the hotel room watching the 3rd place World Cup Play-off. This was a fascinating day in Korea with the Koreans. The Koreans really exhibited the true Asian hospitality spirit.

For more photos,please refer to FB album

No comments: