Saturday, August 14, 2010

5th July 2010: Another day at Amusement Park

We woke up pretty late today. Quickly we got ready and checked out from our hostel and headed to the Caribbean Bay.

There was so much in the water park. No wonder the water park is the world biggest indoor and outdoor park. Needless to say this place was an eye nourishment for our fellow delegations. But for me the park was another entertaining place for me. With the company of my Korean friends, we enjoyed few exciting rides in the park. We spend 2 hours in the pool and again I wished that I could have longer time in the park. Oh...not to be missed to mention, the open bathroom was a norm here. I did the same too but in a much quicker pace :D After the quick shower, we had lunch in the the park. I got a noodle soup with eomuk. Yummy!

Then I was a long bus ride to the Saemangeum Sea Wall en route to Jeonju City. The Saemangeum Sea Wall is one of their mega development project. It involves 400 km² reclamation land. The was ready but the land reclamation is still under process. Even in mid of the project, the Koreans have placed much effort on branding and beautifying it. There are numerous stop-by site for the leisure of the locals as well as for the admiration of the foreign tourists. Bravo!

We finally reached the Jeonju City at about 5.30pm. Our first destination was at a local restaurant where they served really yummy noodles. Kim prepared noodles with fish stock for us. Noodle was my all time favorite. Needless to say, I enjoyed it very much. I loved the mild spicy thick fish stock base. I championed this round. I could finished it despite the serving portion was extra huge and I was the fastest too :P
After the filling meal, we walked to the nearby Gyodong-dawon Traditional TeaHouse. The tea has mild tea scent. It was calming and refreshing to enjoy the tea in such a peace and laid back environment. According to the owner, the tea was best served with wheat cracker but I found it a little too hard. Anyway thanks Kim for showing us how to make and serve the tea!
Finally at close to 8pm, we went and checked in into our hotel for 2 nights, Jeonju Core Riviera Hotel. After days in Korea without connection, finally my room here was connected. I got a PC in my room and I enjoyed facebooking again while watching Korean tv channel :D

After many dry nights in Korea, we finally broke the spell. For the first time we were out at night for a drink. We were introduced to the traditional rice wine called 막걸리, 'Makgeolli'. We took the wine with some Korean dishes and 1 of them was the silkworm. I like the worm's texture. It was unique and tasted much like fish roe. I did tried out the cashew nut ice cream too...

Everything seem so different and I am eager to experience and see more of the differences.

For more photos,please refer to FB album

No comments: