Saturday, February 9, 2008

Gong Xi Fa Chai!

Happy CNY to everyone!

It has been a year since my 3 Japanese friends joined me in this celebration. I enjoyed it very much especially showing them all our 'wah wah wah' custome to them. They were very impressed ... :D

In this year of rat, I hoped and aimed for better.

To kick start this golden year...like past years, I am back at home to do spring cleaning. My home is in a chaos after the repainting.

So like normal...practising and spending my CNY according to our wah wah wah custome,
  1. night prayers...pai 'Tien Gong'...with all those decorated fruits....I spent hours sticking the red deco and arranging them
  2. eat 'Tong Sui'...sweet the whole year through...we have the modern version of 'Tang Yuan'...the sago
  3. eat 'Fatt Choy'...no slaughtering...so we ate mix vegetable
  4. wishes...'Gong Xi Fa Chai!'...of course followed by 'Hong Bou Na Lai' in my heart
  5. visit relatives...'pai nian'
  6. oh yes not to forget last minute shopping...not those shopping in malls...but rather in the wet market...I was there on CNY eve as early as 6.30am but the market was already very crowded...and needless to say the things were very expensive too...RM0.30 for a 'huat kuai' of a size of half a ping pong ball.
and the Do & Don't during CNY
  1. No sweeping
  2. No hair wash
  3. All positive words
  4. and bla bla bla
Keeping to all this strict custome is at times boring but I really cherish it....I am proud to be a Malaysian Chinese...

No comments: