Saturday, April 26, 2008

Vietnam Day I - Tired Day

Was tired today after burning midnight oil for so many days...busy preparing for FYP and final examination. Until noon, I was still too tired to be excited even I was due to fly in the evening.

My Java paper was for 2 hours but I left after an hour. The paper sucked...what standard that we have here in UPM when lecturers are only smart enough to copy questions blindly from the book.

Luckily I have browsed through the solution before I went into the examination hall. So I believed even with more effort in learning the language, I would not do any better. I bet programmers would not know the answers to those theoretical questions.

I felt like that I have let down all those heavy burdens off my shoulder. The moment I walked out the hall, I let out a big breath. By 10am, I was already in the South City Plaza.I went to do last minute shopping...bought a pair of sunglasses and of course to feed my stomach to reward her for being so obedient. So another great meal at the Wong Kok Restaurant...yippie!

We departed from college at 4.30pm and arrived in LCCT at closed to 6pm. Normally I would not described my taxi ride but this trip seem to be different with the no kissing sign...wth! What is wrong if we are to show our affection?


Upon our arrival in LCCT, we checked in our luggage and then headed to McD. We waited for almost an hour until our flight departed for Ho Chin Minh aka Saigon...another delay by AirAsia. Like my past experience with AirAsia's airbus, it was not comfortable more over for such a long hour flight. We finally landed at Tan Son Nhat International Airport at 7.50 pm local time.


On the ground, my first impression on Vietnam was bravo. Thumbs up! Never on an AirAsia flight that I did felt not as being treated 2nd class. Every time, we were asked to walk to the terminal using the the side allay and stairs. We were welcomed and greeted with smiles. Officers were stationed at every few steps away. So Vietnam may be on par with Malaysia to promote great hospitality of Asians.

Our taxi driver, a Vietnamese Chinese drove us to the Lu Vuan Guesthouse...been very friendly and felt the connectivity here for he too speaks our language.

After refreshing up, we went for a walk at Bu Vien Street. Here, we tasted our first dinner...half squatting...but the BBQ pork was superb...really missed those parties during school time...oh yes...the steam egg was marvelous as well! The taste was good and the texture too!


Great night sleep!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha, it's only your first day, i can c that u really very enjoy in this trip.. hehe..
waiting for ur nex post..