Wednesday, April 2, 2008

When I am lost...

If you know me well, then you will know that I am not one that will surrender to fate and destiny. I believe that my future lies in my hand and they are my choices. Even if I would to ask you which is better, at most of the time I have already had my answer. What I need is just an assurance...So my sis always says that no matter what she says, it will not affect much, thou at most of the time, she would have the same opinion as mine.

Recently I have been fed with major decision to make...offers which seem so good but career which seem so vade. As for now, I really love computer engineering field so I know that my decision to stay back in Malaysia is correct. I will not regret my decision for not going on an AIESEC exchange at this phase of my life.

However when it comes to which organization to join, I do not have a strong stand. Both organization have their pros and cons. One pays more, less stress and good manager to work with, but no bonus, slow increment and less career progress opportunity. While the other one pay slightly lower but with bonus, more stressful and more aggressive but more opportunity to venture out. Am not certain about the my superior there but the first impression was not as good as the other one.....and from all these factors, they seem to be at equal place...so I have to put in another factor that is how much the slight difference in pay is and I came out with this chart....

This chart is projected with no promotion...only pay adjustment based on norm of increment in both companies.

So if altera, I will have higher pay compared to Intel for the 1st 3 years...but would I stay in one same place for more than 3 years...and even with lower pay option with bonus may be higher at some point too...funny isn't it.

After considering every factor, I have decided to challenge myself in a harder environment..but as usual, I need assurance. So this is when I started to call my friends and discuss things out when some of them joke that I may try to toss a coin which I did but I don't believe in it either....

Somehow or rather I just follow my heart and head for the challenging path....Intel here I come!

No comments: