Sunday, May 31, 2009

~45 mins up 60 floors of KOMTAR Tower, Penang


I am really very tired today. It took me approximately 45 mins to run 2 km around Komtar tower, then climb the stairs up straight to the 60th floor of Komtar Tower.

Woke up at close to 6am. Left home for Komtar at about 6.30am after a glass of soy milk and a banana. Then arriving at Komtar, I have got to squeeze in tot he secretariat counter to redeem my t-shirt, my participant number, 2353 and my very lucky, lucky draw voucher...0704.

2353...not sure if I was the 28th or 29th place :D

My run started at about 8am. It was a long wait, for the I was in the 2nd flag off catagories...women open... :S Before I even started running, I was already very tired for the long stand and the place was very crowded and packed up...very stuffy and everyone was sweating.

So we were flagged off at the Komtar Foyer at Lebuh Tek Soon. Continued into Penang Road, Jalan Dr Lim Chwee Leong, Lebuh Carnavon, Jalan Magazine and back into Penang Road before we started our climb up at the staircase beside Pacific Supermarket along Jalan Dr Lim Chwee Leong.

It was very exhausting to take the stairway. Into half of the way, i have to switch gear to continue my struggle up....every 3 steps I took, I would stop for few seconds for rest...

Was glad that I was able to make it to the 6oth floor and according to my friend, we were still able to make it into the first 30 placing of our category.... bravo! We finished at about 8.45 am...so all in the whole journey took us 45 minutes only...

It took us so long to reach the 60th floor but it was split seconds, we were back on the ground...oups...I mean 5th floor where the podium was. We quickly headed to the drinks stall...glurped in 2 cups of sunquick and 2 cups of 100 plus within second....really thristy!

After resting for a while, we waited patiently in the Q for foot massage...really nice...managed to relax my muscles...
Poh Doo...still can V...

Then it was the long waiting lucky draw session...my 0704 won me the 10th price...a buffet lunch for 2 in Parkroyal Penang and a Rm100 voucher from the Priorities Fitness Center.
my lucky draw price...couldn't remember when was the last time I actually win in a draw

This was really a great experience...another event in my sporty days...
my certificate of participation...received another certificate of completion too

1 comment:

Oon Kah Chuan said...

wah so you were one of the lucky draw winners :).. i didn't win anything tho. ^^ i ran up komtar in bout 25-30 mins... :) do visit my blog kcoon83.blogspot.com