Wednesday, July 29, 2009

CBW...after close to a decade

This was my 2nd official visit to my alma matter CBW. My first visit was 2 years back for guiding movement while this time, I was there representing Intel in our Intel Involved Program, Marine Conservation Awareness Campaign.

The school got a major face lift at the hall, the co-curiculum corner(at the old bicycle shed) and it's gate(the short 100m field track right beside staff room was no longer there and so was the long jump ground) . Other than these, it remained pretty the same as a decade ago.

Back on my our activities there, I signed up for a volunteer program and expecting to share with a small group of students but turned up to be surprised to have the all its students listening to us. As the materials prepared by the OC were limited and goodies being less atractive, we had a little difficult to win the girls attention especially with such a huge crowd and the unclear slide from far back...Imagined our situation on that day...6 volunteers vs ~400 students.


Anyway, we managed to improvise the initial given game and involved the whole school community in our game...We also have the attentions of more than half of our crowd. They were responsive. I was glad that one of the girls actually listen to us at all time and managed to detect the wrong info that I delivered...I will remember the differences between manatees and dugongs for the rest of my life :D

Apart from the talk that we have, I managed to catch up with some of my old teachers...Pn Chew, Ms Pamela, Pn Hasanah, Pn Lee, Pn Lim, Mr Goh and few other. Glad that many still remember me. ;P

Thanks Gan, Nick, Asma, Acu and Jack for making this program a success! KF and Along too.

for more photos, please visit http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=94405&id=533382630&l=93b4d55d3b

No comments: