Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My 1st DSLR

Finally after long craving for one, I got myself a DSLR....my Canon EOS 1000D with 18 - 55 mm kit len.

So my first photographing event was on last Saturday. Got a few shots from Yeap Yau's house warming and hundreds from Bon Odori 2009 at Esplanade.

Please enjoy my productions from Bon Odori.
I think they are Malaysians....I love their summer kimonos...
she is our best model...many diff face expression and not much movement...good for me to train my portrait shooting skill
she has to face more than 20 cameramen at a time and for quite some time
the central stage
sis and a beautiful girl
paper doll for sale
Japanese hand painted vase and jars
Japanese dolls up for sale
colourful water balloon up for 'fished'
the most crowded stalls...fishing the baloon and fish up the gold fish '捞金鱼'
this little boy tried his luck for few rounds...finally managed to get 2
mummy hepling the model daughterat the fishing water balloons stall
金鱼佬 at the 金鱼挡
trying her luck...she managed to fish 5 to 6 with 1 paper net
these were the young drummers of the night
Dr Lim G E graced the festival
one of the many food stalls around...roasted chicken by xxx hotel...can't recall which hotel was that from
my sis enjoying the takoyaki
the takoyaki...octopus balls
the japanese pan cake...taste so so
the takoyaki...can get better ones at Jusco QB
pan fried
performers from Perlis and Kedah
they can really dance very well
this was their 3 continous dance...yet they could still be so lively
from the MJA and PJLC...demostrating the BonOdori dance
The rasa sayang moves were very beautiful...very graceful
Malaysians too could look very beautiful in Kimono
one of the best performance I managed to catch on the day
I like this girl very much....very lively move
with the ghost like mask
with the mask
the trainer...she was very lively...very energetic
great performers and great performance

for more photos, please refer to http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=92520&l=028d6a033e&id=533382630

4 comments:

plantagirl said...

congrats, your first DSLR..
is it exp..?

szewan62 said...

thx...

well now that you are working, it would not be very expensive...affordable at close to 1 month salary

ck lam said...

Saw yr article in pgcorner. It's nice to see so many photos of the bon ondori event taken with your new camera...I miss out this year event. 'Welcome to the canon gang'...haha

szewan62 said...

thanks CK...still an amateur now...will practise more