Sunday, December 16, 2007

Butterworth: YoYoDrink, CharHorFun, Pasembur

I was in the Medan Selera Lengkok Tenggiri, in Seberang Jaya yesterday to taste my favourite drink. This is a comman place for me. I have introduced this to many of my friends and so far everyone gave a thumb-up.

This place is also recommeded by Wang Hong in the "Penang Ipoh, The Popular Food Guide @ Malaysia"....good choice

My favourite drink is the YoYo Drink. There are 3 flavours: Groundnut, Corn and RedBean. Even with the price hike of 10 cents, I still find it reasonable. It only cost me RM1.30 now.

My favourite is the groundnut. The groundnut and the milk and ice just blend so well together and with the crunchy ones on top, it is just perfect! While the corn is just right for those that wants to drink the YoYo but wants it with less fat...
and the RedBean is just smooth and bean smell is just irresistable!


And my favourite food there is needless to say. It's the Pasembur. If I am not mistaken, this stall only operates 3days a week...Saturday, Sunday and Monday only. This stall is manned by an old retiree couple. The Jawa Mee is good as well. It is RM2.80 per plate.


The pasembur is really tasty and worth the price. It is a full plate. Don't ever think that you can just take it like a side order. It is one full plate.

The Char Hor Fun is tasty as well...though not as good as a decade ago but still above the average. It is RM3.30 each.


We tried the Kuey Teow Theng as well but it taste not good. The kuey teow is ok but the soup base is bad...but somehow my mum said it was alright... :-) choosy me....oh yes...it is cheap. RM2.20 per bowl.


If you are there, please try the Char Kuey Kak and the Wantan Mee. They are good as well.

The food in this place is truly good and very very cheap! It is only 5 mins drive from the Sunway Carnival Mall. So if you are looking for cheap and good food after being broke after shopping, then head for Medan Selera Lengkok Tenggiri.

To get there from the North South Highway (heading North), turn into Seberang Jaya turning right before the mosque. Then at the roundabout, take 3 o'clock. Go straight passing a traffic light. Then turn right after the Shell Petrol Station. Go straight until the T junction. 
Take the left turning. The Medan Selera Lengkok Tenggiri is on your left. This food court operates daily from 2pm to late night.

No comments: