Sunday, March 9, 2008

A Brand New Page on Malaysia History

I was up till 3am today to update on our 12th General Election Result. I believe that many of our twelve hundred thousands passionate new voters like me stayed up late too.

I could not believe the result when I first learned that our famous blogger, Mr Jeff Ooi has been granted the rights to sit in the Parliment. I believe this was an early sign of true democracy in our country...freedom of speech!

Then more positive news for the opposition...wait...should I still named them the opposition...no! I believe it is not very right to name them the opposition, they are just a coalition that oppose those great ideas of the ruling goverment but now that they are the ruling party in Penang, then perhaps we should change...we should call them the goverment and the BN as the opposition.

Besides Penang, our democracy voice has blown and reached out to nationwide. The opposition coalition has claimed victory in Kedah, Perak, Selangor and Kelantan.

As up to 8.28am, the result is as below


Finally congrates to all Malaysian blogger for our Mr Jeff Ooi is heading for the parliament...our 1st blogger in Parliament! And congrates to M Lim Guan Eng for being entrusted as the CM of Penang!


So to all candidates being entrusted in the state assembly or the parliament, I wish them all the best and hope that everyone manage to live up to the expectation of the people!

No comments: