Saturday, March 22, 2008

Bukit Tabur

sigh....my leg is really aching even though the hike was 2 days ago.

Last Thursday, I went hiking at Bukit Tabur with my big bro and his colleagues. After my Kinabalu hike, I have been inactive for many months with all my tight schedule. I tend to take things easy. The length and altitude was nothing comparable to Kinabalu but it was still tough. I have always thought that no other spot is worse than Mt. Kinabalu but honestly this place is more physically demanding. Kinabalu is tough because of the length...

But Bkt Tabur was different. It is located in Selangor. Height of less than 1000 meters, is a quartz/limestone combination formation. The Gombak Forest Reserve and Klang Gates Dam are beside the hill. Hence the peak offers spectacular view of the dam.

Bukit Tabur is terrible and scary...you need all your legs and arms...you have to climb almost or near to 90 degrees lime stone and worse is there are cliffs here and there. If you missed one step then that may be the end for you. So with no proper gear or safe line available, it was truly scary. You have to climb like a spiderman. So now both my thighs and arms are aching and bruises and scratches here and there.

This was taken by my brother from the next peak

I am the spiderwoman in white...see how steep it is!

one way passageway...got to be patient

Truly 90 degree...even with the rope there, it was scary

I believe that I don't have to describe a lot about how wonderful this place is with all the photos.

from www.andylim.com
trust me...this is place that worth going but remember to ask your friend along...not advisable for solo.

No comments: