Thursday, November 15, 2007

Money washed down the drain

Sometimes I just wonder if people actually understand the need for advertisement. To my understanding, advertisement is a way of branding and creating awareness. But at times, I see that these people are just wasting resources putting up advertisement on newspaper, radio and other mean of advertising materials including advertising boards at the LRT station.

These are what I got from the recent newspaper.

by MQA in the Star Newspaper, 11 Nov 07

another 1/2 page coloured ad on the Sun newspaper

They were by the LAN or what we now called the MQA. There was nothing much that they were trying to deliver here. It was barely a congratulation note by the minister. Well I am not certain if such a wish is necessary to be made known to the public. I see that they have mentioned that they have moved to MQA, but why do they emphasize on the note rather than the move. Isn’t it redundant to invest so much on advertorial just for the ‘silly’ note?

and this....this is from the state goverment of Terengganu


As for this, why do we need to spend so much putting up a thank you note to PM, if we are having this advertisement as a meant to promote the KTCC, then I think it is fine but if it is to thank Dato’ then I would think a thank you letter is the best. I would suggest that the state gov of Terengganu to place more attention on developing the city centre and reach out to the relevant parties and potential investors.

And another ad that I deem as stupid act is the Angkasawan board at LRT station. I believe our Mr Angkasawan have enough coverage on the TV and newpaper…there were so many updates and documentary ready, we don’t need a board just to picture a static photo of a man in the astronaut suit.

Well I do understand that government need to branding activites…election coming mah! But please do it right!


I see advertisement such as above is positive. At least it is able to promote efficient use of energy. I believe if anyone would to notice page will be able to grasp the message.


No comments: