Monday, November 5, 2007

National Language – Bahasa Malaysia??? Or Bahasa Melayu

As a Malaysian raise in the era of uncertainty of our National Language, I have always been so blurred about this language. I don’t know what are the different between these two but certainly I know how confusing it is. I wonder if we call our train as ‘kereta api’ or ‘keretapi’. I seriously need an updated dictionary to simply write a correct article on this.

Instead of actually refining the language, some great fellows always got us stuck in their heat of argument. Submitting all sort of partition and resolution just to make our life miserable.
I don’t see the importance of the name. It is the consistency and beauty of the language that does matter to me. I think it is wise to stick to what it is now rather than having it changed for infinite times. It only reflects on unstability of our language. I believe this will surely be joke to other nation. We are always ‘15/16’ like the Chinese saying.

Bahasa Malaysia is just great. It is simply a language that best reflects Malaysia and Malaysians. ‘Satu Negara, Satu Bangsa’ , ‘Bahasa Malaysia, bahasa bangsa Malaysia!’

No comments: