Sunday, September 2, 2007

Merdeka!!! Happy 50th anniversary

Tanggal tiga puluh satu,
Bulan lapan lima puluh tujuh,
Merdeka, merdeka, mer....

Hmm...this is definitely one of the most popular song among Malaysians. I could not recall when I started to learn to sing this song. Most probably as early as nursery year.

Well for the past years before I entered university, Merdeka celebration was equal to another day sleeping late at home or at most another day waking up up early and watched the parade on TV. I loves the decorated cars!

But things change. In these recent years, Merdeka has brought me more. Many activities were held incampus. Thou I have not joined many but it was way more that before. I went for countdown with all other UPMers in the main hall, represented UPM for the parade...

It was 2 years ago when I represented UPM in the IPTA/IPTS contigent in the national parade held in Putrajaya. We were very proud to be involved in the parade.

And this year, I have got a better plan. First we went for the Floraria in Putrajaya then we stay on for the countdown. The exhibition putted up was so so only. The flora exhibition in Tong Chan Shi during CNY was better. However there were few pieces which really got my attention. There was one exhibit that put up a flower deco with the theme 'THE GIFTS OF LIFE'. It was really really very beautiful and meaningful.


The countdown was great. We got to watch the firework show putted up by the Japanese...why Japanese? Are we not patrotisme enough?....No No. It was actually a part of the Malaysia International Firework Competition. Perhaps it was because of our goverment was trying to save some money here or perhaps our MPs' RM50k has been used up on some other 'stuff'.

But anyway the show was really great. They have heart, star and planetery shape formation. Really very impressive!

Finally Happy Merdeka to Malaysia and all Malaysians!

No comments: