Monday, September 10, 2007

Kinabalu Day 1 - Steps in Kinabalu

Haha...have you seen me in real person???


That's me....haha...cute isn't it...but of course I am naive and innocent thou...

This is my first trip to Sabah, the Land Below Wind and it is also my 2nd outing with my fellow coursemates.

3rd Sept 2007, I arrived in Kinabalu International Airport, Terminal 2 on Air Asia's AK5100 with Tzy Chin, Pei Shan and Soo Mei while the others were already in KK since 2nd. Upon arrival and the immigration clearing, we met up with Mdm Wong, our agent for this trip and headed for the Trekker Lodge in the heart of Kinabalu City.

After doing our packing in Trekker Lodge, we departed to our 1st destination, the Poring Hot Spring. The journey was approximately 5 hours long. On our journey there, we stopped by Kampung Nabalu to get some handicrafts for souvenir. I have purchased 2 T-shirt with Mt Kinabalu printed on it and 2 fridge magnets. We also stopped by the Bayu Restaurant situated right opposite of the Timpohon Gate for our lunch and we had a quick visit to the Kundasang War Memorial.





We arrived at our accommodation in the Poring Hot Spring Resort at 4.30pm. There, we went on a short hike to a nearby waterfall. We enjoyed the cool flowing river water. After the cool splash, we hike back to the Hot Spring and soaked ourselves in the tub. The water was really very hot. I could not believe we have such a source in Malaysia. Anyway, I soaked myself in there and relaxed myself to prepare for the challenging tomorrow.

After the bath, we had a great dinner in the restaurant on the opposite road, the Yun Restaurant. The food was great and we enjoyed the warmth hospitality of the owner. We enjoyed the long and funny chat after the meal. Besides that, we also got our hands and taste buds on some local fruit....some Durian Kampung before our meal and pineapple, starfruit and etc...



We did some packing after the dinner. We went to bed early at about 10pm to be prepared for our hike up Mount Kinabalu on the following day.

Today was great to kick start my trip in Sabah. I loved the food, the scenery and the hospitality of the locals. They were much more friendly than Peninsulas and Kota Kinabalu was really a very tourist friendly city...bravo Sabah!

No comments: