Tuesday, September 18, 2007

What does hunger means to u and me?


These children deserve more!


We asked for too much and we could not finish it yet they were left with tree bark and etc....
 


30 hour Famine...another challenging event and meaning days.

I have always wanted to join this event since I learned about it in my early uni year. Finally I managed to attend it in my final uni year.

Well after the 30 hours what have I got?

I can only say how bad hunger is...hunger = restless = weak = everything = nothing. Everything coz our dailyhood revolves around food. We talked about food all day long. Nothing coz we were left with nothing.

All this while, I have been telling myself and especially my fellow girl guides not to waste food. Being brought up in a humble but strict ruling family, I did not have the habit of wasting food but well normal for me and all other Malaysians to be choosy as we all life in a country with a lot of food resources.

This camp has really enlighten me about how life should be lead to be and how every each of us can play our role in making this world a better place for all.

These are my resolutions and great thought:
  1. Appreciate food and no wastage regardless of what resources...water, food, money n etc.
  2. Educate the young ones...planning to have a mini famine in my next camp.
  3. Adopt a child...RM50 per month = RM1.++ a day is not that a burden for me. will start this when I started working as I am now still my parents liabilities....:-)

Hope that all others out there can do the same. Trust me the feeling of hunger is really bad. I really can't take it to see anymore child in hunger. Please do something. If you can't afford to  support them, at least don't waste.

God bless!

Who say they can't dance?



Soy milk has never taste better than this


30 Hour Famine, a way to show we care!

No comments: