Thursday, September 13, 2007

Kinabalu Day 4 - Washed down stream

I got a good night sleep last night after a short walk around the town, enjoying the great night view of KK.

Today we woke up at 6 am and by 7.15am, we were all ready to leave for our white water rafting adventure. We boarded the bus to Beaufort at 7.30am.

On the bus, we were briefed by Ika on our itinnary of the day I was so excited and could not sleep on our journey to Beaufort but it was good then as I was able to enjoy the great scenery. We pasted along many round-about, very well decorated landscape and sculptured.

We arrived at the Beaufort Train Station at about 9.30am, 1/2 hour earlier than schedule, so we visited the local market. The items sold there were almost the same just that they were normally larger in size and the price was cheaper either. Besides that, I went around searching for postcards but they were nowhere to be found.



We boarded the train at about 10.15am. The train was full. No more seats for us, hence we filled the cargo compartment. The journey to the starting point was about 2 hours journey, approximately 30 kms away. I was standing for the whole journey up, looking out at the window was a better choice, the train was aircondless…really old, the only running train in Malaysia that functions on charcoal steam…was a pretty good experience.

Upon arrival, we were distributed with helmet and safety jacket. After an informative and funny briefing, we headed to the Padas River. We boarded our boat with our lovely and cute guide, Daniel. We came across some really dangerous rapid there…the Head Hunter, Cobra Point, Washing Machine and etc. It was really enjoyable to be in a team with Yong Pay, Kim Haur, kah Yong, Ee Pheng, Hooi Fang and Tzy Chin and of course our guide, Daniel. The rafting moments were exciting, the swimming and the life saving moments were scary but yet funny…haha…Kah Yong.

Besides I enjoyed the privilege seat at the front of the raft though I was finally abandoned at the front of the raft in the hope that I will flew off the raft. Love the rafting as well as the buffet lunch. Oh yes and those lovely yet funny videos and photos. Riverbug bravo!!!



There were more exciting activities today. We got to sit in the open air deck of the train on our way back to Beaufort. The breeze was cooling for a hot sunny day. Thou our faces were covered by thick dusk from the train’s smoke, we enjoyed the scenery and the excitement there. We finally reached Beaufort at about 5pm where we headed to Kinabalu again on bus. We got to watch our funny acts video on the bus…had a great laugh.

Back in Kinabalu city, we met up with Chai and gang when we headed to the Seafood Centre for our last dinner in KK. We had a sweet sour fish, scallops, butter prawns and paku-pakis for dinner. The food was delicious and worth the price we pay…RM31. I loved the scallops…Missed it so much!!!

Besides enjoying our rich seafood dishes, we enjoyed watching the cultural show. The great performers there had danced the joget, dusun dance, iban dance as well as the bamboo dance. I was too tired and wished not to embarrass myself being ‘kepit’ there on the stage. I only enjoyed looking at hom clumsy my friends were on the stage. I only enjoyed looking at how clumsy my friends were on the stage. We were all so undynamic and rigid…too tired and our legs hurt.

After the meal, LEP, CPS, LSM, OTC and me went for a walk around, enjoying the night view of KK while waiting for my food to be digested. When we were to reach the Trekker Lodge, we stopped by at Upperstar for a drink and to celebrate our last night in KK. I had a Long Island. We were backed in the hotel at 12am and on bed at 1am.



I loved today for I have so much fun and laughter with my friends. Thou the fulfillment was not as great as the Kinabalu climb but I still preferred this over the climb…less sweat, more fun!

No comments: