Thursday, September 13, 2007

Kinabalu Day 5 - End of the uphill and down sea trip

This was our last day in KK. We woke up at 7 and quickly prepare ourselves. We left for a great breakfast in the restaurant nearby. The restaurant was famous for its’ fish noodle. It was up on newspaper and numerous local guide books.



Then at 8am, we left on foot for the Jesselton Point where we got our boat to the Sapi Island. We went to the Sapi Island, one of the 5 islands of Tunku Abdul Rahman Park on a speed boat. In Sapi Island, we enjoyed the shallow water, sumptuous coral gardens thou not as good as the one we went in Langkawi last year and splendid white sandy beaches. We found few beautiful spots for photography sessions.

During our snorkeling session, we came across many beautiful aquatic species…Nemo like fishes, squarish fishes as well as sting fishes. These fishes moved around in a group, making me to give way especially the sting fishes…worried that they got me...play safe.

We were back on the shore after an hour and half under the hot sun. My skin was really tantted.
So I got changed and moved on the photography session… The photograph session was really tiring. It took me 7 jumps just to catch a photo of me jumping.



We got back to the city at noon. We headed to the Gaya Street. We tried the home made seafood noodle. It was really delicious and the seafood was very fresh. Another delicious meal for today.
After the bowl of noodle, we visited the Jamilah Jewellery where I got some pearl jewellery for my friends and myself. Actually I would rather we skipped this place. My legs were aching and I was on tight budget, more shopping opportunity = more spending.

Then we headed back to our lodge and packed up. We left for the airport at 3.15pm. We were too early for our flight. So we hanged around at the KFC where I started writing postcards to myself, Lye Ying and Stella.

We finally flew back to KL on AK5113 after the long delay at KK and KL. I reached the Serdang station on Aerobus at about 10.30pm. That ended our Kinabalu Expedition.

As a whole, this journey was great. I loved the company of my friends. Kinabalu was really challenging and the rafting was really exciting. The KK city was cleaner than KL and the night view was better than Penang.

CCCPro is cool! We come, we climb, we challenge!!! Let this spirit continues and may us have more happy moments together!!!

No comments: